Friday 21 August 2015

My Trip to North Wales

Having worked weekends for the past 4 years, I'm so happy that now I've started my full time job, I've got my weekends back! :) 

So, last weekend was my first weekend off in a while and I spent it by taking a trip to Chirk, North Wales to visit my boyfriend Nathan's family.

We set off at around 7:30 Friday evening and didn't arrive until 11pm but we had a fun filled journey with our playlist blearing, singing at the top of our voices! 

As fun as our car journey was, after a long and tiring first week at work I was glad to get into bed for a snooze.


Saturday morning we were up and out of the house early and drove to Ludlow to meet up with Nathan's brother, sister-in-law and gorgeous 8 month old nephew who is growing so fast!

When we got there we sat in a lovely little coffee shop for a drink and plenty of baby cuddles :)
We took a stroll in the sunshine around the market and up and down the streets. I love old fashioned buildings and quaint villages so this was the perfect place for me. It was quite busy yet still had a lovely peaceful atmosphere which was nice. 


We went to a restaurant where I had the best super salad ever! It had cajun chicken, beetroot, butternut squash, lettuce and sun dried tomatoes! I also had a glass of white wine.. Can't forget the wine! 
We then said our goodbyes to Nathan's brother and sister-in-law and little baby Elis and headed back to Chirk and went to visit Nathan's other brother and his wife in a cute little pub not too far away. This was then followed by a visit to another pub in Chirk to meet up with a couple of Nathan's friends. 

Sunday was more of a chilled out day. It was a lovely sunny morning so we decided to take the dog, Freckles out for a walk. We then spent the afternoon visiting Nathan's lovely Nan and Grandma followed by a yummy scrummy roast dinner.

Before we knew it, after a hectic but beautiful weekend it was time for us to make the 3/4 hour drive back home ready for work Monday morning. 

Working in the city amongst the hustle and bustle can be so tiring so it's nice to get a bit of peace and quiet in the Welsh countryside just to recharge the batteries. Before I met Nathan I had never been to Wales before. I'm so glad I now have the opportunity to visit there as often as we can. Chester and Liverpool are also fairly close to Chirk and are both definitely worth a visit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment